It's so lovely to see snow outside for a change, and to have a Norman Rockwell painting outside my office window: however, in just a few weeks, pitchers and catchers will be reporting to sunny Florida to usher in the start of baseball season.
However, for many Orioles fans, the biggest issue on their mind besides the pitching rotation is of the status of Brian Roberts. A while ago, I felt that the team should trade him if needed, but now the more I think of it -- they might want to give him what he wants.
Who's in the pipeline? Who could replace his production? I have no clue. At this point, I'd say keep him, give him his extra year and flip him if needed.
- Baltimore Sun columnist Rick Maese wonders with the Cardinals reaching the Super Bowl, can the Orioles and Peter Angelos improve?
- Peter Schmuck wonders if Jamie Walker could find himself off the roster if he continues to struggle in lefty-lefty situations during the season.
- Jay Trucker has his take on the departure of Brandon Fahey.
- Roch Kubtako talks about the minor league arms in his latest blog.
- Steve Melewski talks about the minors as well...
- Spencer Fordin talks about the team needing a backup catcher...
- The Hardball Times analyzes Jake Arrieta.